PO3: Starting salary £37,650 pa rising to £40,653 pa incl. LW
Lambeth’s children’s services has been on a rapid journey of improvement since an ‘inadequate’ judgement in 2015. Now rated ‘requires improvement’, we are looking for more social workers to join the dozens that are already helping us continue this journey.
Last year more social workers (67) joined Lambeth than any other London borough. With a retention rate of 89% and caseloads below the England and London average, we have built an environment that supports social workers to stay and do their best work here.
We are looking for experienced social workers to join our family support and child protection and referral and assessment services.
Social workers work in small teams of six with dedicated business support, regular group supervision and advanced practitioner support to ensure you have all the tools to do innovative and exciting work. Within our ‘Children at the Heart of Practice’ framework we put the focus on relationship-based social work. Read more about this in our practice brochure and in our recent Ofsted report.
Since introducing the model, we have seen a significant improvement in outcomes, and we support all new starters with a comprehensive training package of:
- 3 day introduction to systemic practice offered to all staff
- Specialist training in systemic approaches to working with domestic violence and adolescents
- 30 places per year for 1st year accredited systemic training
- Funded training to Practice Educator status
- Are part of a small team of six social workers
- Are supported by a dedicated business support officer for their team
- Take part in regular group supervision with their team
- Receive advanced practitioner support, co-working complex cases
Working in Lambeth:
Social workers who work in Lambeth receive:
- A competitive salary that rises to £40,653 a year
- 26 days of annual leave (rising to 31 days for those with continuous service of more than five years)
- A modern working environment in a new building situated in the heart of Brixton
- A comprehensive benefits package, including local government pension scheme, and interest free loans for season tickets, bikes and computers
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home, compressed hours and flexi-time negotiable on an individual basis
- 2 mins walk from Brixton Tube and 4 mins from Brixton Rail
- Based in Brixton, one of the most vibrant and diverse neighbourhoods in London with a rich cultural offer and fantastic local amenities
- Read our Social Worker Reward Statement to find out more!
Apply today, and be a part of our exciting improvement journey.
Please upload your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button
Practice Framework Brochure
Social Worker Reward Statement
Please download the job description and person specification via this link
The closing date for receiving completed application forms is Wednesday 14th November 2018 at midnight.