An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Cherwell and District Council for a Health and Safety Manger.
The corporate Health and Safety function plays a key role within the council and across its partner organisations. The Health and Safety Manager will ensure robust health and safety management systems are in place as well as lead on all Health and Safety matters including compliance and linking in with wellbeing.
The Health and Safety Manager will facilitate the implementation of the council’s Health and Safety policies across multiple sites. You will provide technical health and safety support to the senior management and leadership team ensuring that health and safety becomes an integral part of the organisation’s culture.
You will have excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
You will be passionate about health, safety and wellbeing and have a proven track record of promoting positive change across a large organisation. You must be able to build strong relationships and engage the organisation in moving towards a forward-thinking safety culture and have the following skills;
- Evidence of an extensive track record of professional development in health, safety and wellbeing.
- Membership of a relevant professional body such as the Institute of Occupational Health and Safety (IOSH) and professional qualification to CMIOSH or equivalent.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational health and Safety or equivalent.
- Level 2 Fire Safety Risk Assessment qualification (Desirable)
- Experience in managing a small team
The Council is an equal opportunities employer and has flexible working practices.
- A generous annual leave entitlement
- Opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme (after one years’ service)
- Incremental pay award (after one years’ service and successful performance appraisal)
For more information please contact Mark Johnson, FM & Contracts Manager on 01295 227953.
To download a Recruitment pack and apply for the post, please click the link below or contact the Human Resources Department on 01295 221767.
Closing date: 12 November 2018.
Interview date: 6 December 2018.