Street Scene & Open Spaces Officer (Part-time – 18.5 hours) per week)
Salary up to £28,428 pa – pro rata
Plus cash alternative of the lease car scheme of £2,080 pa
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to complement our existing Street Scene & Open Spaces team to undertake the day-to-day management and monitoring of service contracts within Environment & Land Management. Specialisms in this team include:
- Waste management (including refuse, recycling and bulk refuse)
- Street cleansing (including investigations, collecting and reporting data for fly tipping)
- Weed control
- Litter bin procurement and replacement
The role is part-time and will carry out the management and monitoring of contracts in a generic manner within an allocated geographical area within the borough working alongside and complimenting the work of other officer(s). You should have experience of working with contractors and contract administration.
You will be required to:
- Attend routine meetings with contractors to ensure that work programming is accurate, adequate and records are maintained to reflect inspection regimes.
- Be a good communicator in order to deal with customer complaints and Freedom of Information requests.
- Have an understanding of finances in relation to checking payments against the contract and negotiating payments of Variation Orders for works under the contract.
- Be able to accurately update computer systems, collate data and audit reports highlighting any ‘exception’ areas.
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of Bills of Quantities and Specifications.
- Undertake negotiations/consultations with Planning/developers in respect of adoptions of new areas on Environmental Services issues
- To liaise with various partner agencies and contractors when identifying problem locations and attend meetings and seminars as required.
- Promotions of schemes/campaigns with residents and various community groups.
For an informal discussion please contact Mark Goodman, Environmental Contracts and Enforcement Manager on 01233 330897.
Closing date: 22.11.2018
To view a job description and apply please visit the jobs page of our website on www.ashford.gov.uk/jobs
Ashford Borough Council recognises the need to ensure the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults when they come into contact with the services we provide