Join our expanding school SLT service! We are innovative, supportive, passionate, and outcome focused, and have an exciting new post for a Speech and Language Therapy Assistant (NHS Band 3 equivalent) in the North West of Surrey. Are you interested in working with children and young people to develop their speech, language and communication skills? If yes, then come and join our highly supportive team. You will work in schools under the direction of a Speech and Language Therapist, delivering therapy and supporting school staff.
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary of £18,245 per annum (This is actual salary for a 36 hours per week, 42 weeks per year contract)
- Clinical supervision
- Peer and line management support
- Induction training to develop knowledge and skills for working with children and young people with speech, language and communication needs
- We have an internal social media tool (JIVE SLT) that allows staff instant access to someone with the skills and experience to answer any clinical queries whist out and about and to share good practice/ research/ news
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
All therapy staff are provided a laptop and mobile phone to allow flexible working. Local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
This post would be based in the North West are of Surrey that covers Woking, Runnymede and Surrey Heath and the base is: Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road, Woking GU22 7QQ
About the Role
About the Service
The School aged Speech and Language Therapy Service is part of Surrey County Council’s Local offer to support the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities of children and young people within mainstream schools and specialist provisions across Surrey. The Service is part of the Vulnerable Learners Team in Surrey Children, Schools and Families Directorate and as such works collaboratively with other teams such as educational psychology, learning and language support, REMA and Behaviour Support.
The main function and aim of the service is for children and young people in schools with speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) to receive the right support at the right time. This is achieved through assessment and intervention, equipping families and professionals with the skills and resources to work together to help and support children with SLCN. We work both with children and young people with EHCPs and those at SEN support. In order to achieve these aims the service is based on the Balance model of offering universal, targeted and specialist support for families, the school environment, the school workforce, assessment and intervention
About the Role
You will support children to achieve the outcomes agreed by a Speech and Language Therapist in conjunction with the school and family through a range of activities:
- Working individually with a child/ young person within the school
- Modelling strategies to class teachers/ teaching assistants
- Working with a small group
- Making resources for the therapy team
To be shortlisted to interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience of working with children and young people either within mainstream or specialist schools and centres
- Flexibility to adapt both your approach and communication style in order to deliver therapy intervention which is functional and client centred
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For an informal discussion contact Sarah Lally on 07970829501 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 7th November 2018.