Folkestone & Hythe District Council, based in Folkestone, Kent, serves a population of 108,000 and covers a district of 140 square miles. The M20 offers easy access to London and the high speed rail service offers travel times to the capital of under an hour.
The council works to six key objectives:
• More Homes
• More Jobs
• Appearance Matters
• Health Matters
• Achieving Stability
• Delivering Excellence
We have an exciting opportunity for 3 keen, enthusiastic, customer-focused individuals with excellent customer service skills to join our Customer Services Team.
Key qualifications / knowledge:
• To work as part of a team to provide a professional and efficient first point of contact for council services across all access channels (online, web chat, social media, phone, email, face to face & written correspondence).
• GCSE grades A-C or equivalent
• Competent user of IT, particularly the internet and Microsoft office
• Confident in helping customers to self-serve online
• *Recent and relevant experiences in a Revenues, Benefits, Housing or Customer Service environment
*Some experience in these would be an advantage however training would be provided.
Above all, if you have a flexible approach to work, willing to learn new skills, able to contribute ideas, excellent communication and customer service skills and have the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative then we want to hear from you.
The hours will include some evenings and Saturdays.
For an informal discussion please contact Indeera Trelokie (Senior Customer Services Officer) on 01303 853338 or Indeera.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of all completed application forms is 12.00pm on 16 November 2018.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 29 November and Friday 30 November 2018.