Team Leader Private Sector Housing
£33,261 - £36,076 per annum inclusive of outer fringe allowance
37 hours per week
Welwyn Garden City was hailed as one of ‘Modern Europe’s greatest success stories in town-making’ It is a vibrant town offering the perfect combination of modern facilities and stunning surroundings.
We are looking to appoint a Team Leader to lead and motivate our small team dealing with a full range of enforcement work in relation to private sector housing.
Here at the council we pride ourselves on our commitment to our people – striving to ensure that each and every employee feels valued and happy in their work. Employees are empowered to influence and transform the services they deliver, no matter what level they’re at.
With a passion for housing, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will work proactively to help drive improvements in the private housing sector in the borough, ensuring legally required standards are maintained.
Reporting to the Private Sector Housing Manager, you will help shape the service, implement a strategic approach to improving standards of housing and ensure the efficient and effective performance of the team.
You will be comfortable in identifying relevant interventions, making decisions and exercising critical, timely, risk based and competent professional judgement on individual cases, protracted investigations and projects.
Leading a team of Private Sector Housing Technicians and Senior Licencing Support Officer/Private Sector Housing Support officer, you will have the skills necessary to get the best from your team, be a skilled communicator, approachable and flexible.
- General education to GCSE standard equivalent to a minimum of A-C grade in math’s and English or equivalent
- Previous experience of working as an Environmental Health/Housing Technician, or in a housing or building related occupation
- Sound knowledge of one or more aspects of construction technology. Understanding of common risks associated with building defects
- Understanding and working knowledge of HHSRS / Understanding of legal processes covering enforcement work PACE, evidence gathering and similar
- Leadership skills, to include the ability to motivate the team, be performance driven, achieving staff-buy in to service excellence and other organisational values and objectives
For further information on the role, please see the person specification.
Please read the person specification fully before applying for this vacancy. It is essential you refer to the person specification when completing your application and provide relevant examples to demonstrate how you meet the criteria. If you do not provide examples, your application will be unsuccessful.
Closing date for application is 14 November 2018.
Assessments and interviews will be held on 22 November 2018.