Mole Valley lies at the heart of Surrey. The towns of Dorking and Leatherhead are the District’s main centres.
Our purpose built open-plan offices have recently been refurbished. We are located opposite the Sports Centre which offers a swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café and Dorking Halls, which provides a range of facilities including a café, cinema, theatre and concerts.
We operate a dynamic lively and professional environment and are a very approachable team.
About the role
You will be responsible for a range of tasks relating to the conservation and management of listed buildings and conservation areas within Mole Valley District.
This responsibility will be exercised in the main through the provision of specialist advice on the proposals affecting and relating to heritage assets.
You will also assist in the delivery of other initiatives to promote appropriate management of the historic, built environment.
This is an unique opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Heritage Environment Officer to join the Council.
We have over 1000 Listed Buildings, 27 Conservation Areas and 5 sites on the Historic England Register of Historic Parks and Gardens. There is plenty of opportunity for you to enjoy a varied workload with an emphasis on a proactive approach.
We are looking for a positive officer who seeks solutions to issues and understands that the historic environment is an adaptable, changing place, intrinsically part of a wider economic growth agenda.
As a team player, with a ‘can do’ attitude, you will contribute innovative ideas. Working with colleagues across the service you will be committed to achieving high quality results.
We want you to be the best you can be and we will support and encourage you and help you to realise your potential. Therefore, we promise to support you with our annual Performance and Development Review and identify training and career development opportunities for you.
• 22 days holiday a year plus a further allocated day at Christmas rising to 28 days after 5 years’
• Scheme to purchase additional annual leave and eligibility for potential additional days through the flexi-time scheme providing the ability to take additional days off when the business allows and will consider a suitable job share.
• Substantial employers contribution into the local government pension scheme
• Free parking
• Remote and flexible working. Laptops will be provided for all employees enabling remote working by arrangement with the manager based on the needs of the service.
• Wellbeing package including:
o Cycle scheme
o Eye test reimbursement
o Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
o Yearly flu jab
o Discounts at local shops & businesses, films and shows at Dorking Halls and at the café
o Ability to participate in targeted activities during regular ‘Wellbeing Weeks’
• Located opposite Dorking Sports Centre which offers a 6 lane 25m swimming pool, sports hall, gym, aerobics studio and café
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Mark Turner on 01306 879240 Alternatively you can contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applicants: 16 November 2018 at Midday
Interview dates: Week commencing 26 November 2018