Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first
About the job
We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic individual for this role of a Team Leader within the Maintenance Service!
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Council's Maintenance Service as a Team Leader, helping to deliver more than 30,000 repairs per year to Council tenants.
The Team Leader will lead a large team of skilled repairs operatives who are delivering day to day repairs to the Council's 11,000 tenanted properties and associated communal areas. The Team Leader will ensure that the Maintenance Service constantly achieves the required First Time Fix rate and that all work is consistently completed to a high standard, in line with Council procedures and Health and Safety regulations.
This position is based at Harlington Road Depot. It is mainly office-based and involves working closely with the multi-traded Operatives, other managers, Lead Operatives and Planners, as well as residents, other Council departments, contractors and other outside agencies.
About the person
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in social housing repairs, working in a fast paced, multi-trade operative or supervisory role.
You will be working with a wide range of colleagues and customers so it is essential that you have excellent spoken and written communication skills, to allow you to develop contacts with the organisation, and relationships within the team and with our residents.
Other important skills include:
· time and resource management, effectively prioritising your workload
· customer care skills
· health and safety knowledge
You must be motivated to deliver results, and will be expected to take ownership of your personal development, while helping to deliver agreed Team Plans and PADA targets. We strive to ensure that we continuously improve our service, and we need you to support us in this.
The Team Leader is an important role in the Maintenance Service. We are looking for somebody who can thrive in a fast-paced, target-driven environment and who can continuously deliver and improve on the team's results.
(Please note for this vacancy, the working hours would be 36 per work. On some occasions, you may be required to work flexibly in order to meet the needs of the service).
If this is the type of career path you have been searching for, and you believe you meet our criteria (as outlined in the Person Specification), we look forward to receiving your application!
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Additional Information continued
Positive about disability & Investors in people