Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the Apprenticeship
Step on the Career Ladder
Become an Apprentice - Get In, Go Far!
We are seeking five enthusiastic and dynamic applicants for our Business Administration Apprenticeship Programme (specialising in Technical & Administrative Support)!
At Hillingdon Council, we recognise that there are many paths to a career in the public sector and we are eager to develop your skills and guide you through to the next level.
Our programme invites you to bring your unique skills and experience to our organisation, and promises to challenge you. No two days at Hillingdon are the same, and you will complete your apprenticeship with the confidence to tackle any role!
Gain the experience and qualifications sought by future employers to push your CV to the top of the pile.
Apprentices will receive on-the-job training in a variety of disciplines, including customer service, finance, and communications, gaining the experience and technical skills required to stand out from the crowd. This role will offer successful candidates an incredible opportunity to gain experience in many roles, working alongside a range of our services - all coming with different responsibilities and duties.
If you are looking for an exciting career with lots of variety, then this is an ideal path for you!
We welcome people of all ages to take advantage of our apprenticeship programme. Whether you are at the beginning of your professional career or re-entering the workforce, we want to hear from you!
Our successful candidates will earn £11,967 annual salary and will also receive a generous holiday allowance! Please note that pay intervals are monthly.
This Business Administration Apprenticeship Programmeis an ideal entry into the occupation and supports progression within thesector. If you have 3 GCSEs at grade A*-C or equivalent (including Maths andEnglish)*, you will have the opportunity to achieve a BTEC level 3 Diploma inBusiness Administration.
*We will consider applications where results are still pendingAn equivalent or higher level qualification in the same professional area (Business Administration) cannot be held
Ready to make the next move?
Apply now!We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Disability Confident Employer & Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy