In a team where everyone has your back, you’ll work to safeguard and secure the wellbeing of children and young people, empower and strengthen families, formulate and implement social care plans and identify and deliver protective and supportive services. We’ll allocate your caseload according to your unique collection of talents and children’s social care experience, while supporting you to take your career as far and as fast as your ambitions dictate.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience of working with vulnerable children and families according to statutory guidance, ideally in a local authority children’s services environment.
- Experience of working to safeguard children and families in accordance with the expectations set out in the Children Act 1989 and 2004. This should include qualified social work or placement experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Looked After Children and Care Leavers/Child in Need
- Access and Assessment
- Child protection
- Care Proceedings
- Permanency care planning
- Disabled children
- Experience of assessing and engaging families from a range of cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Experience of understanding and supporting families to overcome complex problems and needs.
There’s nowhere on earth quite like Westminster. Its rich history, dynamic nightlife, and vibrant shopping and tourist culture are evident everywhere - from the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and Trafalgar Square, to China Town and Regent Street. No wonder many call our borough the ‘true’ heart of London.
If you’re as productive as you are ambitious and collaborative as you are enterprising, this is your chance to take real ownership of your work, right in the heart of iconic Westminster, a true ‘City for All’. This is a unique place where it all happens. And where it could all happen for you.
As a progressive and innovative organisation, we welcome applications from candidates keen to work in an agile environment with flexible conditions.
Find out more about becoming part of our exceptional team.
At present we have both temporary and permanent posts.
For general Enquiries contact: Myriam Ridgway 020 7641 4825
Shortlisting for Assessment 29th November 2018
Home Based Written Assessment – 6pm 6th December 2018
Shortlisting for Interviews 12th December 2018
Interviews 17th, 18th and 19th December 2018
The closing date for receipt of applications is 26 November 2018 at 10am.