Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the Team
The Homeownership and Initiatives team consists of five officers in two sub teams, the Homeownership Team and the Initiatives Team. The Homeownership team provides the Right to Buy, Rent to Mortgage and By Back service, with the Initiatives team dealing with all aspects of Shared Ownership, Buybacks and new initiatives. The current recruitment will work within the Initiatives team as part of the five officers and assist the Manager and Senior Officer in developing and implementing new homeownership options for Hounslow residents and tenants by providing a high quality and comprehensive service for Share Ownership, resale, staircasing and buybacks as needed.
- To work within the Home Ownership and Initiatives team and provide a high quality and comprehensive Shared Ownership, resale and staircasing service to tenants and residents.
- Pro-actively promote and significantly increase homeownership opportunities – effectively balancing client affordability at all times and enabling a greater proportion of homeownership options for tenants and residents as appropriate.
- Implement income generating opportunities that will deliver surplus to the service budget income stream, including compliance on asset disposal and other income generating service delivery options.
- To liaise and work with both inter-departmental colleagues and external property/development project managers, housing associations, employer’s agents and marketing teams, in the co-ordination of site visits, attend site meetings and attend open days as required.
- Sound Knowledge of Shared Ownership, Staircasing and Resales and demonstrable recent experience of processing and managing Shared Ownership schemes.
- Knowledge of processing Right to Buy transactions for a local authority and Housing Association
- Ability to deliver a reliable and high standard service, and ensuring performance is accurate and recorded, ensuring we react in accordance with changes in legislation and best practice.
- Independent, self-motivated and competent in managing a busy workload when working towards targets and deadlines.
Essential for the Role
- Knowledge and experience of Shared Ownership and RTB legislation
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The Council therefore has a statutory right under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that the post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you wish to have an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Timothy,Jones@Hounslow.gov.uk
Closing date: 18thNovember 2018
Interviews held week commencing: TBC
Please Note: previous applicants need not apply.