What you’ll be doing
As the Performance and Improvement Officer, you’ll have a hands-on role that contributes to the council’s aim of understanding, reviewing and improving our performance against our corporate plan.
You’ll help us to ensure that we have a consistent approach to forward planning; a robust performance and governance management framework; and an understanding of how our data can help to drive service improvements.
Who we’re looking for
With strong analytical and numerical skills, you’ll be a team player who has:
- experience of undertaking research, data gathering and data analysis and of interpreting performance and statistical data
- experience of drawing on a wide variety of information sources to support and influence decision-making or policy creation
- experience of helping colleagues to develop and review action plans, providing support and guidance where needed
- experience of contributing to projects, with the ability to take personal responsibility for delivery of certain aspects of the work
- excellent written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to present technical or complex information clearly and concisely to a range of specialist and non-specialist audiences
- the ability to understand an issue and its context in the bigger picture
If you’ve worked in the public sector before, or have practical knowledge and experience of risk management and corporate governance and assurance, that would be a bonus.
If you think that you’ve got what we need and that you’d be a good fit for our team, we’d love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about the job, please contact Catherine Spalton, Communications and Improvement Manager on 01494 421 230
We offer a generous benefits package including flexible working and pension scheme.
Closing date: Thursday 8 November 2018
Interview date: Monday 19 and Tuesday 20 November 2018
As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.