Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
About The Team
The ICT Department is responsible for the design, delivery and support of all ICT used by the Council and in many cases its partners. We are seeking to recruit two ICT Business Application Analysts/Systems Administrators.
- Developing and maintaining all business applications to their full potential and support the delivery of the ICT Strategy and associated roadmaps.
- Ensuring that interfaces, integrations, outputs and web services to/from applications are running efficiently.
- Managing any disruption to service including taking responsibility for communications, service areas, managing third party application providers, and ensuring outages that impact on the democratic process and residents are prioritised.
- Strong working knowledge of business applications, application upgrades and development, systems administration, web development, application testing and deployment in a Local Government environment. Knowledge and awareness of information governance and data management.
- Experience of managing internal and external resources, project management and delivery of project work packages.
- Good working knowledge and experience of managing large relational databases, cloud based applications and services and/or web based applications.
- Experience of working closely with business customers in order to maintain applications that suit the needs of the business.
- Experience of information system design, system integration, business intelligence, programming development and system implementation.
- An appreciation of Local Government, the services provided and the dynamics with third sector partners, as well as the political environment within which services are delivered.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework.
Essential for the Role
- Excellent ICT skills with at last 3 years’ work experience of applications administration, support and development of business applications.
- Knowledge and awareness of ITIL (ITIL V3 Foundation is desirable).
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact: Sukhdeep.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please click on the link below.
Shortlisting: 22nd November 2018
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 26th November 2018
Notification to candidates: 5th December 2018