Head of Early Intervention Team & Specialist Teachers Service and Principal Educational Psychologist
Management Grouping: Children’s Services
Team: Early Intervention, Educational Psychology & Specialist Teachers Service
Salary: Soulbury Scale B pts 12-15 (£61,251 - £64,747) including Outer London Weighting, plus “Choices’ Flexible Benefit (£3,864 pa) and up to 3 SPAs
Contract: Permanent / 36 hours per week
Closing Date: Monday, 19 November 2018
Job reference: ECS0000330
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and HCPC registered Educational Psychologist who is looking to take on a larger and broader role to become a Head of Service for all early intervention services in the Education portfolio. This is a rare and exciting opportunity.
We are committed to delivering high quality outcomes for children and our services are highly valued by schools and colleagues in health and social care, which promotes effective collaborative working and joint project initiatives. The service is committed to continually improving the quality of support, assessment, training and project–based interventions. Aspects of the team’s work are traded with schools and this is an area that we wish to further develop going forward.
You will be an innovative, creative and enthusiastic professional who will lead our Educational Psychology Service (which incorporates a highly regarded Portage Service), our multi-professional Early Intervention Team for schools and our Specialist Teaching Service (including Advisory Teaching services for Autism Spectrum Disorder, Hearing Impairment, Visual Impairment and Speech, Language and Communication Needs) which are at the core of our delivery for the most vulnerable children and young people of Bexley.
As a critical member of the senior leadership team within a Directorate, reporting to the Deputy Director of Children’s Services, you will support and improve practice to ensure positive outcomes for them through your professional standards, high aspirations, positive working relationships and engagement with all stakeholders and partners.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service
What we offer:
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £3,864 per annum
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Reimbursement of HCPC subscription
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 27 days Annual Leave (rising to 30 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is a high performing council with outstanding Children's Services.It is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: Monday, 19 November 2018
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: 26/27 November 2018
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers and on LinkedIn: Bexley Careers