Full Time Occupational Therapist
Adult Social Care` Community Occupational Therapy Service
Ref no: 1931-2464
Band: 8 - Salary: £28,221 - £30,755 p.a.
37 hours per week
Portsmouth Local Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
This is a City wide post.
What is the role?
The community OT service works across the city in co-located health and social care teams for Older People and Adults with Physical or Sensory Disabilities.
Our Aim is to assist people of all ages with physical, mental and social impairment to optimise their functional independence and quality of life
Underpinned by the continuous improvement method above, you will:
- You will work primarily with disabled people and their carer's in their own homes, assessing needs and implementing agreed action plans to facilitate choice and control in their lives and enable participation in the community.
- You will be assessing, advising on and adapting methods of carrying out daily activities to support individuals in managing their disability and promoting independent living and Wellbeing.
- You will use assistive technologies and design and construction methods to improve, restore and attain occupational performance.
- In addition you will be encouraged and supported to develop expertise in seating and posture management , moving and handling, assistive technologies and Independent Mobility Assessments as part of the Blue Badge assessment contract that we have.
- .You will recommend, and provide where appropriate, specialised equipment and demonstrate and give guidance to clients and carers in the use of equipment.
- You will provide support and advice to clients and their families/carers in their adjustment to disability and long term conditions.
- You will be working independently and be responsible for managing your own caseload and maintaining case records within an environment offering a high level of supervision and support.
For more information please click on the link...