Early Education & Childcare Participation Officer
12 month Contract until 31.12.19 – Immediate Start
- Fixed Term (external candidates) or:
- Secondment (internal candidates)
Waltham Forest is committed to ensuring there are sufficient high quality, free childcare places available to every family who wishes to take it up. We need someone to join our team on a temporary basis to help us deliver this ambition.
Your role will be to support the take up of free childcare for the Borough’s most vulnerable 2 year olds, and perform and co-ordinate outreach to engage families who would benefit. In addition to this, you will help to ensure that the 2000 3&4 year olds from working families in the Borough are able to access 30 hour childcare places which meet their needs.
You will have excellent knowledge around the free childcare entitlements, and be experienced in disseminating information to families.You will be equally comfortable dealing with telephone and email enquiries from both parents and childcare providers, and capable of promoting the service at community events.You will be a key point of contact for families and professionals wishing to find out more about childcare available in the Borough, and able to share information via a multitude of media.
Experience in using online free childcare entitlement checking and validation systems would be an advantage, as we need someone who is able to ‘hit the ground running’.
You will need to be:
- Educated to NVQ 4 or equivalent
- Qualified to level 2 or above in English and Maths
- Proficient in the use of ICT, including Microsoft Office and databases
- Able to deliver excellent customer service
- Able to plan and organise own workload effectively
- Experienced in building and maintaining relationships
- Able to work productively under pressure
- Able to work with others to create and shape new ways of doing things
- Experienced in working in children’s services or early years, with operational knowledge of the free early education and childcare entitlement provision.
- Experienced and efficient in ICT skills - both standard Microsoft applications and specialist systems