Harrow Council is looking for a Senior Supervisor to support the Service Managers in line managing the day-to-day work of a team of 15-20 Business Support Staff (BSO’s) within the People Directorate and Corporate Business Support team. The post holder will be responsible for carrying out business support activity in line with the core and specialist business support roles for a proportion of the time. The role will include supervising a team of business support professionals to deliver business support services.
The successful candidate will have:
- Clear understanding of the latest legislation effecting all services where required
- Knowledge of relevant policies and procedures of dealing with residents (i.e., customer service standards, complaints procedures, organisational values, etc)
- Practical knowledge and understanding of performance management techniques and systems used in a contact centre environment
- Relevant experience in a supervisory role or the relevant experience gained in a similar environment
- Must have experience / demonstrate the capability to be highly customer focused and passionate about customer service; must be able to demonstrate an understanding of issues from the customer’s perspective
- Experience of working in a highly pressurized environment and remaining calm and professional throughout