Maternity Cover – 9 month fixed term contract
We’re helping to make a difference to vulnerable people. You can support us to do this.
Each day brings new challenges and we have to react to the demands of vulnerable homeless clients in temporary accommodation and ensuring that our accommodation meet all Health & Safety Regulations and remain safe to be used to accommodate our customers. We want our clients to feel safe and secure and to get people back on their feet quickly. These are just some of the things you will be supporting us to do when you join us. You are going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. You’ll have time to immerse yourself in the community to deliver better a today, and to create an even better tomorrow.
What it’s like working in our team…
The Housing Management Team is a busy team providing an extensive and responsive property management service to homeless clients placed into temporary accommodation. Sitting within the Welfare and Housing Service the team support each other by working closely together to achieve the right results, and to deliver a holistic service to clients who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. This role will also have close working links with the Migration Team and its customers who are also in temporary accommodation. You will be involved in varied and challenging work daily.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Proactively engage with local landlords and accommodation providers to secure private sector accommodation both short and long term for council customers.
- Work directly with the move on officers to match properties to suitable council customers.
- Supporting households to access temporary accommodation procured for emergency use within the private rented sector
- Work with partners, landlord and accommodation providers to obtained property compliance and standards information
- Work directly within the housing management team responsible for temporary accommodation to assist with procurement of accommodation at short notice.
- Undertake procedures for housing customers into private rented sector and other accommodation types, including ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, guidance governing the suitability of accommodation and Council policies, procedures and targets
This role is key to ensuring that households are moved from temporary accommodation so that year on year reductions of households in temporary accommodation can be achieved.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Flexible working arrangements.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Working in a small supportive team.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Support and mentoring to gain training and experience to progress your career in highways and transport.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
What we’re looking for…
You will have excellent customer engagement skills, be able to describe and talk through options, have relevant knowledge and be able to undertake holistic assessment of needs. This will include financial assessments and you will use a range of resources and tools to support the move-on process so that households are moved into suitable and affordable accommodation first time round. You will need high level negotiation skills to be able to secure most cost-effective rates and rentals for council customers. With excellent communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines you will be able to manage your time and resources effectively.
Interviews will be held October 2nd 2023
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified
We can only accept applications from candidates currently residing in the UK.
Any candidates that are currently residing in the UK and wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.