Salary: Circa £60,000 p.a.
Hours: 37 hours per week
Who are we?
The Solent Freeport is a major opportunity for the UK as it seeks to strengthen its trading position and develop new trading relationships. The Solent’s location makes it the UK’s most important gateway to European and global markets.
It will accelerate the creation of high-quality employment space, with investment specifically targeted at state-of-the-art growth sectors and ground-breaking approaches to decarbonisation and green innovation.
The Solent has a track record in translating innovation and new technologies into commercial success, and there is an appetite for innovation and building sustainable, long-term opportunities now and in the future.
You can find out more about the Solent Freeport here - www.solentfreeport.com
What is the role?
This is an exciting opportunity to join the new Solent Freeport based at Portsmouth International Port in a senior leadership role. The Trade & Investment Manager will be accountable to the Freeport CEO and the Freeport board for the success of the Solent Freeport Trade & Investment and the Business support strategies and actions plans to ensure that Solent Freeport is ready to go providing opportunities for business looking to position themselves within a Freeport area.
You will use your knowledge of the target sectors for the Solent Freeport to build partnerships and networks locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally and have the responsibility for leading the Solent Freeport Board's inwards investment and business development activities.
This will involve:
- Act as the named contact for all Inward investment and Trade enquiries
- Act as the lead with DIT
- Ensure that there is a clear package of business support articulated for the Freeport area by working with the Solent LEP and Partner Local Authorities Economic Development Functions
- Ensure that prospective new Freeport Investors are provided with a comprehensive package of support and information.
- Proactively work to attract Trade and Investment
- Coordinate and liaise with the Freeport Programme Manager and reporting and compliance teams to ensure accurate recording and reporting of progress.
- Work with the other delivery leads (Capital Schemes Investment, Skills, Innovation and Net Zero) to create and support interdependencies.
- Identify additional resource requirements when needed and support the Freeport to attract additional investment or funding.
- Work with Portsmouth CC when required as the Accountable Body to meet the aims of the Freeport including managing the investment of funds.
- Maintain all necessary records to allow scrutiny of the inputs, outputs and impacts created through the Freeports intervention.
Who is the Person?
We are looking for someone who:
- Has significant personal and professional gravitas
- Is a clear and concise thinker
- Has the ability to add value across a range of areas
- Is a great communicator
- Has extensive experience of attracting trade and investment
- Has extensive experience of negotiating with senior representatives in the private and public sectors
- Has experience with overseas markets and investors
- Has extensive experience of establishing and managing inward investment pipelines
- Has extensive experience of liaising with central Government on Trade missions and introductions
- Can demonstrate experience of extensive partnership working
- Can demonstrate experience of interactions with Government Departments
- Has an awareness of business support interventions
What you'll get in return:
We are a disability confident employer - committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible and welcome applications from all areas of society.
We really appreciate our employees and fully realise they are essential to our success and look to offer an inclusive, supportive working environment where employees can reach their potential with a healthy work life balance, offering the following rewards:
• Generous annual leave (27 days per year rising to 31, pro rata for part time hours) with the potential to purchase additional leave.
• A fantastic pension which allows you the opportunity to pay in more for that greater return.
• Flexible working hours.
• Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities including apprenticeships.
• Extensive wellbeing support through the Employee Assistance Programme
• Discount on travel, travel loans and the bike loan scheme.
• Discounts on a wide range of goods and services – access a range of discounts and offers from thousands of restaurants, shops and more.
Please click here to see all the benefits of working with us - https://careers.portsmouth.gov.uk/working-for-the-council/
Remember to demonstrate why you are suitable against each of the points described in the 'Who is the Person' points using examples from your experience or transferable skills. This might be through qualifications or descriptive examples from your work / personal experience, which clearly illustrates what you did and the effect it had. Please attach this in the 'Supporting Documents' section.
If you wish to have an informal chat to find out more about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we may close this advert at any time.
We will email applicants so please ensure you check e-mail folders as sometimes our e-mails may go into spam/junk folders.Should you require any support in completing the application form please contact email@example.com