Lecturer (Family Learning)
Waltham Forest Adult Learning Service
Part Time TUTOR – Family Learning :
(Ref: WFALS/FL/AW - to add to application form)
Hourly rate £21.51 - £30.02
Pro rata salary £20,287.00 - £28,312.00 (including London Weighting)
We are seeking to appoint tutors to deliver Family Learning programmes from January 2019
Are you creative and flexible?
Can you inspire and motivate a diverse range of learners
- A qualified primary school teacher looking for part-time teaching opportunities or
- An adult learning tutor with a relevant teaching qualification e.g. CTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed, or
- A subject specialist with or working towards a relevant Level 3 subject qualification
We offer a range of provision in the local community, in primary schools and in Children’s Centres during the day, evening and on Saturdays.
- Keeping up with the Children Maths
- Keeping up with the Children English
- Story Sacks
- Wellbeing & Healthy Lifestyle
- Digital Skills for Parents
- Internet Security
- Family Finance
- Family Primary Science including Technology and coding
If you have the expertise to support adults or children (or both) to develop their skills in any of these areas and you are committed to being an outstanding practitioner, then this is a role for you!
We welcome applications for the above areas, and we are particularly looking for the following subject areas:-
- Information Technology including coding
Candidates must have a high level of expertise in their chosen field and an in-depth knowledge of the subject they wish to teach.
Family Learning benefits adults and children, through improved health and well-being, increased engagement with society, positive attitudes to learning, greater confidence and employability for adults, and improvements to children’s development and attainment. Waltham Forest Adult Learning Service is the local authority’s direct provider of adult and community education and work-based training. Officially rated as “Good” following our OFSTED inspection in July 2016, join our team on our journey to “Outstanding”.
Closing Date is: 16th November 2018
Interviews to be held on: 30 November 2018
Find out more at our network site - http://www.jobsgopublic.com
For an application form and Job Description please visit our website at www.walthamforest.gov.uk/jobs
Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org