IT Application Support Analyst
Closing date: 28th May 2023
Interview date: TBC
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Application Support Analyst to join our busy Shared IT Service between Winchester City Council and Test Valley Borough Council. This role is a great opportunity for an individual looking to start or develop a career in IT.
This role is for a temporary contract covering maternity leave and based out of our Winchester office with occasional travel to Andover if and when required. Initially office-based with a view to some home working where the nature of the work permits.
As an Application Support Analyst you will be providing support to officers and customers of the IT Shared Service. This is a varied and busy role involving:
· Developing and supporting the councils’ digital platforms, including My Council Services, E-forms and O365 product suite.
· Contributing in the process design stages, with a view to providing the best online experience to our customers.
· Liaising with 3rd party suppliers as required for development of applications, problem analysis, support and maintenance of key software applications.
· Planning and managing upgrades for software applications provided to the authority
You will be working to tight deadlines with a high level of accuracy and as well as having 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) (grades 4 – 9), you will have excellent IT skills, including 1 years’ experience supporting Applications. You will also possess the following attributes:
· Proven communication and customer service skills.
· Methodical and adaptable in both your attitude and approach to work.
· Self-motivated and reliable, with the ability to organise and manage a diverse workload, working quickly and accurately.
In return for your commitment and enthusiasm, we offer a great place to work and great team to work with, where we actively promote a good work/life balance. We also offer some of the best terms and conditions available in local government including:
· Employer paid health cash plan
· Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
· Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
· 26 days annual leave per year rising to 33 days - dependent on length of service
· Flexible working arrangements
· Option to buy up additional annual leave
· Free parking
· Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
· Support for continuous professional development
Secondment opportunity for internal candidates.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further – please contact Martin Pickett on 01962 848305