The Authorities have committed to delivering a predominantly in-house Facilities Management Service with a single team operating across both boroughs, Facilities Management Team sits in the Property Services Department within the Housing and Regeneration Directorate.
The service delivers a wide range of Facilities Management Services ranging from mechanical, electrical and building fabric maintenance, statutory compliance, building cleaning, porterage, security, catering, printing and events management. The Head of FM is responsible for an in-house service of up to 100 directly employed staff as well as specialist contracts.
We are looking to appoint a Mechanical Engineer responsible for;
- Deliver planned and reactive mechanical building services to Council’s properties in Richmond and Wandsworth.
- Participate within an out of normal working hours emergency call out rota and be flexible outside of core working hours. Maybe required to work as part of a shift-rota.
- Diagnose and solve mechanical defects to maintain the day to day efficient running of plant and building infrastructure·
- Ensure that Time To Respond and Time To Complete KPIs are maintained.
- Follow the correct processes when carrying out mechanical asset maintenance modifications or improvements.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and continuous improvements to maintenance techniques·
- Follow safe systems of work to ensure a safe working environment.
- Contribute to continuous improvement through identification of best practice, proposing options and implementing solutions·
- Identify work for specialist integrated contractors and supply chain partners. Co-ordinate technical operations when required·
- Work effectively as a member of the Mobile Mechanical Engineer team to ensure that effective communication channels and efficient working practices are maintained.
In addition to the technical skill above the candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A full Clean UK driving license
- Membership to relevant trade body
- Excellent customer service and user liaison skills
- Politically aware
If you want to know more about this opportunity then please telephone Rob Sims, Building Services Manager on 020 8891 7055 for an informal discussion.
Closing date: 13 July 2018