Deputy Support Manager
£35,025 - £38,040 pa (inclusive)
1 Year Fixed-Term
A fixed-term opportunity has arisen within Children's and Families - Children in Need Business Support Team.
We are looking for a reliable, skilled, energetic, experienced and flexible Deputy Support Manager with proven supervisory experience with a comprehensive knowledge of administrative processes and systems within Children's Social Care to play a key role in effectively supporting the delivery of statutory services.
This role involves direct management of seven business support staff and to provide cover for other Deputy Support Managers when necessary. The successful candidate will have a track record of promoting and maintaining good relations with a wide range of people, being able to work at pace and amongst competing priorities and of delivering a quality service.
Working as part of a team your key responsibilities will be:
- to manage, guide and support designated support staff, promoting high standards of service delivery to ensure work is carried out to the required standard within agreed deadlines
- to undertake all financial transactions and maintain an imprest account in line with audit and financial regulations
- to collate management information for audit purposes
- to provide information and advice in relation to administrative functions
- to support team managers and supervising social workers within Ealing Children Integrated Response Service.
- responsible for submitting Home office returns within deadline.
To be successful in this post you will need to have:
- excellent interpersonal, supervisory and communication skills
- a sound understanding of financial administration
- competence in the use of I.T. systems
- the ability to prioritise tasks to manage competing pressures in a demanding and pressurised environment
Ealing council is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Ealing follows safer recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults.
The post holder will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and Ealing's enhanced vetting process.
To apply online please visit www.ealing.gov.uk/jobs
Closing date 18 March 2019