School Crossing Patrol Officer/Lollipop Person
Kings Ford Primary Schools, Colchester
Permanent, part time contract - Weekdays for 39 weeks per year
7.5 hours per week
£7.88 per hour
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
ECC is transforming how it delivers education services across one of the largest counties in the country in order to continue to improve and to ensure the best possible outcomes for every single child and young person. We are determined to build on our journey of improvement which has seen 94% of schools now being rated Good or Outstanding by Ofsted, and to focus more effectively on areas such as our more vulnerable children and young people to ensure Essex provides a wholly inclusive education which can meet the needs of all of our children and young people.
STOP! Are you looking for an opportunity to support your community in a socially rewarding and invigorating way?
The role of School Crossing Patrol Officer/Lollipop Person is ideal for someone who is looking for a good reason to get up bright and early each morning and has a little time to spare (once in the morning and once in the afternoon, both for approx. 45mins) to help the community and ensure the safety of all pedestrians crossing the road to and from school and its surrounding locations.
All uniforms, equipment and training will be provided.
GO! If you think you can help out your local school please read on and apply below.
As the school's designated Lollipop person your role will be:
- To have regard for the needs of people with disabilities, especially mobility impaired people wishing to use the crossing point.
- To maintain regular contact with the schools attended by children using the crossing.
- To regularly assess the risks associated with operating at the crossing site in order to identify any problems. Report problems and defects to supervisor.
- To assist in the preparation of reports on accidents and failure to stop incidents and other incidents occurring at the crossing site.
- To ensure that all uniform and equipment provided is maintained in good condition and replacements requested when needed.
- To give clear signals to drivers when stopping traffic and ensuring that the traffic remains at rest until the road at the crossing point is clear of pedestrians.
- When requested, to assist with road safety and pedestrian training.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.