Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Holy Family Catholic Multi Academy Trust
Responsible To: Chief Financial Officer
Salary Grade: PO1 SCP 27-30 (£33,820-£36,298)
Contract: This is a full-time, permanent contract
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date for Applications: 1st May 2023 at 12.00pm
If you are a dedicated and ambitious individual who has a real passion for procurement and thrives on collaboration and innovation, we have an exciting opportunity to offer. The governors of Holy Family Catholic Multi Academy Trust would like to invite applications from excellent, enthusiastic and engaging individuals for the post of Procurement Manager. The successful candidate will work within the central team and will lead an effective procurement function across the Trust.
At Holy Family Catholic Multi Academy Trust We believe that a child’s start in life need not determine their future (HFCMAT aims). We work each day to achieve our Mission: To develop individual excellence, embrace opportunities and build strong communities with Gospel Values at the heart. Each day, this mission is at the heart of the work done by staff across all our schools. As Catholic schools, Gospel Values lie at the centre of our work, with Christ as our model. Alongside these, we have chosen to identify some core values that drive our work. These are: Trust, Respect, Innovation and Courage.
- Ensure systems are in place so the Trust achieves value for money through compliant procurement and maximise buying power and economies and benefits of scale.
- Develop and maintain a procurement and tendering policy.
- Provide a high level of procurement and purchasing support to the schools within the Trust.
- Maintain and operate a 5 year procurement plan.
- Create and implement clear strategies for buying goods and services that are in line with the Trust’s wider objectives and goals.
- To provide an effective procurement function for Holy Family Catholic Multi Academy Trust, providing governance, advice and guidance to colleagues engaging in procurement activity.
- To provide contract management advice to the organisation, ensuring that arrangements are in place for effective contract management.
- Produce regular procurement reports to share with other people within the Trust.
- Provide accurate, professional and expert advice and guidance across the Trust on all procurement related matters.
- Develop and implement robust and effective policies, processes, procedures and systems to support the operational effectiveness of the Trust in relation to procurement and contracting.
- Analyse the levels of spend across the Trust and identify areas for savings and efficiencies.
- A unique opportunity to work for a MAT which is one of 87 national teaching school hubs and includes the lead school for Cheshire and Wirral Maths Hub
- Mentoring and high level training
- Encouragement to develop your career with excellent promotion opportunities and opportunities
- A caring environment with well-being and work/life balance at its core.
- Inclusion in whole school and MAT teams working together to achieve ambitious outcomes whilst valuing every individual’s contribution
In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education, Holy Family Multi Academy Trust will undertake general online searches for all shortlisted candidates, this may include social media and video platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok and You Tube. Online searches will only examine data that is publicly available, and the aim is to identify any incidents or issues. Any areas of concern will be discussed during the interview process. To assist in this part of the process we would appreciate it if you would complete the attached Social Media form and return it with your application.
The successful applicant will be subject to relevant clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and completed application form for the attention of Mr Ian Potts, CFO, to email@example.com. For further information please visit the ‘Vacancies’ section on our website www.hfcmat.com.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.