Senior Practitioner - Children's Social Work Teams
As a Senior Practitioner in our Children’s Social Work Team you will be required to manage a complex caseload and contribute to the learning and development of others either through supporting a newly qualified social worker, a family support worker, acting as a practice assessor for students on placement, or contributing to training activities in a specialist area.
Our team structures are designed to ensure there is the right level of support available to staff. Each team consists of a Team Manager, a Senior Practitioner, 5 Social Workers (1 of whom may be newly qualified) and a Family Support Worker. There is also dedicated administrative support for each service.
Medway Children's Services is proud of its workforce who are committed, dedicated and work to a high standard. This is a perfect opportunity for an established social worker to join our team and be part of our vision in working together to keep children and families at the heart of everything we do.
We offer an excellent recruitment package, manageable workloads, and opportunities to access a range of professional development and support including -
- A basic salary of £40,568 to £45,376 per annum
- An annual market allowanceof £6,000 per annum (payable in monthly payments)
- A retention paymentof £3,000. This is a fixed sum payable in April each year, following one years’ service in Medway.
- Generous annual leave entitlement of between 27 – 30 days plus bank holidays
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Essential Car user allowance with option to apply for a lease car after six months.
- Hybrid working - enabling you to work from home/office (a minimum of 2 days per week will be required in the office)
- Relocation package of up to £8,000
- You will hold a degree in Social Work - CQSW, DipSW or equivalent and be registered with Social Work England
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ post qualifying experience of working with children and families
- You will have demonstrable experience in relationship and strengths-based practice, working collaboratively with children, young people and families.
- You will hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle for work purposes.
If you are looking for a new challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Andrada Pepenel, Service Manager for CSWT, on 07593 632550 or Pauline Naraine, Head of Service on 07800 512202.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply Online’ button at the bottom of this advert.
Applications will be reviewed weekly and shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview via Microsoft Teams.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
This post is subject to an enhanced Children’s DBS check.
For more information on our roles within Children’s Services please visit https://www.medway.gov.uk/childrenservicesjobs
To find out more about Medway the place please click here.
Please note that all recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in hard copy format, please contact the Children's Services Recruitment Team on 01634 332211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
How to Apply
Please be advised that we only accept online applications submitted through JobsGoPublic ATS
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.