CATERING ASSISTANTS (REQUIRED DURING SCHOOL TERM TIME ONLY)
PAY: (1b scp 6) £10.40.per hour.
CORE HOURS: 11.30am to 2.30pm with ½ hour unpaid lunch break. Monday to Friday (Total 12.5 paid hours per week)
Waltham Forest Catering provide healthy tasty food for children and young people in various schools within the Borough. You will be carrying out a high standard of catering duties which include the preparation and serving of healthy food, washing up and cleaning the kitchen to a high standard.
You must be committed to providing a high standard of service to our customers. You should also:
- Have a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be willing to smile and be friendly to our customers.
- Have an enthusiasm for working with children.
- Be able to work flexibly as part of a team.
- Be clean and tidy in your appearance
- Have the ability to learn and achieve excellent hygiene and health & safety standards.
- Be physically fit and able to lift and carry heavy loads
- Have excellent Customer Care skills
Full training and uniform will be provided. You must be prepared to travel around the borough if require to cover the needs of the service.
Please note you will have a basic numeracy and literacy test which you have to pass prior to interview.
Please note previous applicants need not re-apply.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
"It's an exciting time for the London Borough of Waltham Forest."
Closing date: 13 January 2019 at 11.30pm