We are looking for an Internal Auditor to join our busy Audit team. You will be an enthusiastic and conscientious individual who has a good understanding of the risks and controls relating to key financial systems, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What will you be doing?
- Undertaking a range of audits to determine the adequacy of internal control by appraising, testing, reviewing and reporting to management.
- Preparing clear and concise audit reports, documenting findings along with practical recommendations where necessary.
- Discussing findings and negotiating conclusions and recommendations for improvement with senior management.
- Planning, organising and monitoring personal workloads to ensure that deadlines are met and time is used productively and efficiently.
- Providing ad hoc advice to management on risks, controls, policy or procedures.
What do you need?
- Audit experience including the audit of financial systems.
- Experience of writing reports and presenting findings to management.
- Understanding of risk assessment and risk management.
- Numerate with the ability to evaluate data, analyse results and form conclusions.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Good attention to detail skills.
- Ability to manage work priorities using own initiative.
What do we offer?
- Excellent salary, pension, flexible working, fantastic employee benefits and
- comprehensive staff health & wellbeing scheme.
- A friendly, supportive team and a range of opportunities for continuing professional development.
- Ability to work from home as well as from our newly refurbished offices in Hailsham.
- Working for a great, forward thinking Local Authority
- Free parking
Wealden District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We value the differences that people bring from all backgrounds and communities and all applications will be treated on merit.