An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join the Transactional Services Team in our Finance department.
We’re looking for someone who is committed to personal and professional development and we will support you in this with the possible opportunity to undertake appropriate professional training.
What will you be doing?
- You will deal with accounts receivable, credit control, accounts payable, banking and income allocation
- You’ll be first point of contact for queries from customers and will contact customers on a regular basis by phone as well as in writing
What do we offer?
- A small, friendly team with a varied and challenging range of responsibilities
- Working for a respected, forward-thinking local authority that places strong financial management at the heart of everything we do
- Excellent salary and employee benefits scheme
What do you need?
- The ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
- To be able to work on your own initiative as well as part of the team
- Excellent communication skills including a confident telephone manner
- You’ll be pro-active in the collection of outstanding debts, professional and courteous in dealing with a range of internal and external customers, and capable of working accurately and efficiently when processing transactions.
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent, along with excellent ICT skills
- Some previous experience of computerised financial information systems and some experience working in accounts payable / accounts receivable.
Wealden District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We value the differences that people bring from all backgrounds and communities and all applications will be treated on merit.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact us via email where possible at firstname.lastname@example.org