School Bursar / Administrator
Fleet Wood Lane Primary School is a friendly and welcoming school located in a leafy idyllic setting close to Holbeach.
The Governing Body seeks to recruit a conscientious, enthusiastic, and motivated Bursar/Senior Administrator to assist in the running of our thriving school.
The successful candidate will play a key role, working alongside the Head Teacher, in the financial running of our school and assist in the management of staffing contracts and HR and the efficient operation of our school office function.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous financial budgeting experience – although this may not necessarily be in a school setting
- Previous experience of HR administrative functions eg. Payroll, absence - although this may not be in a school setting
- Ideally, experience of developing and presenting budget reports to stakeholders
- Experience of cash handling and banking processes
- Worked with on-line payment systems eg. Parentpay
- Experience of grant fund application systems – or keen to develop this for the benefit of the school
- Previous experience of asset management and facilities eg. Buildings, grounds, premises, energy and supplies and services including new supplier identification and tendering processes.
- Experience of premises health and safety administration (or keen to develop this)
Whilst the position will focus heavily on finance, staffing (HR) and premises, the post will also involve the efficient operation of the school office function. The job description offers more detail in this regard.
The successful candidate will:
- have a cheerful, warm and welcoming personality with the ability to communicate with children and adults alike as the post holder will often be the front face of our school.
- be reliable, efficient, flexible, organised and able to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- have an attention to detail and pride in doing a great job.
- be able to work as part of a team.
All applications should be made using the LCC application form available on the school website (www.fleetwoodlane.lincs.sch.uk)
We cannot accept CV applications.
Visits to our school are encouraged and warmly welcomed.
Please contact Michelle Parker, Headteacher (Michelle.Parker@Fleetwoodlane.lincs.sch.uk) for further information or to arrange a visit.
Closing Date – Monday 6th February 2023
Interviews -Thursday 9th February 2023
Fleet Wood Lane Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants should note that this post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure. Pre-employment checks are in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022
In accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 (Fluency Duty), the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
The school advertising the vacancy will contact you directly regarding the outcome of your application and any interviews. When interviews are taking place schools will follow all Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work in the UK at interview.
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.