Directorate: Children's Services
Starting salary: JG6: £27,852 - £30,151 per annum
Location: Based in Weston-super-Mare
Hours: 22.2 hours per week
Closing date: Wednesday 08 February 2023
“Working to prevent youth offending and to enhance community safety”
North Somerset Youth Offending Service is a successful partnership between North Somerset Council, Police, Probation, Health Integrated Care Board, Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner and other agencies. It works with those young people subject to statutory youth justice interventions (including youth conditional cautions, community orders and custodial sentences) and young people at risk of offending on diversionary preventative bases; and provides services to carers, families and victims.
This is a part time permanent post based in Weston-super-Mare, however, there is the option for some home working dependent on business needs. Some evening/weekend work will be required e.g. to respond to the availability of victims.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Contact victims (and secondary victims e.g. parents) to identify and meet their needs and/or refer them on to appropriate services
- Support and empower victims through various restorative processes in accordance with their wishes
- Deliver victim awareness programmes to children and young people (cyp) to enable empathy and an understanding of the impact crime has with a view to effecting change in attitudes and behaviours
You will need:
- A vocational qualification to level 3/4 or equivalent, or relevant significant experience
- Significant experience relevant to work with victims of crime
- Skills to assess and address attitudes and behaviour
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Mike Rees on 01275 888360.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.