Job Title: HR Officer
Location: Hertford/Mundells (Hybrid)
Starting Salary: £33,820 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £37,261pa
Hours: * 37 hours per week
Contract: * Permanent
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, experienced and solution focused HR Officer to join the Business Partner Team, providing HR services to the Traded and Commercial workforce – Hertfordshire Catering Limited (HCL), our specialist catering company with a strong foundation in the education sector and Herts FullStop (HFS), our educational supplier.
The Traded and Commercial Services team are focused on understanding the business needs and working with the Traded Services to shape future workforce strategy and plans. Ensuring HR interventions delivered are aligned with the Business Plans and Traded Services’ needs.
You will be required to prioritise workloads and deliver at pace, providing internal and external stakeholders with support and clear risk assessed advice on a wide range of Employee Relations matters in line with policy and employment law.
This role will transfer to Herts Catering Limited (HCL) when they transition to their own independent HR provision later this year.
Responsibilities in the role will include:
- Provision of technical advice and guidance in line with current HR best practice, utilising industry knowledge and experience to produce reports and documents to our stakeholders, where appropriate ensuring HCC/HCL policies and processes are adhered to, interpreted, and owned, challenging them where necessary.
- Undertaking complex analysis for cases or queries in order to identify risk and areas for improvement, and to aid decision making and policy compliance.
- Support the team and senior colleagues to ensure that the delivery of business issues and projects are cost effective, being able to support and manage a small team where necessary.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of the applicable stakeholder area, identifying patterns in order to be able to advise and communicate with managers with the most appropriate level of advice and analysis for the level of decision making.
- Provide both specialist advice for the stakeholder area(s), as well as professional delivery of ER cases. Produce research, outputs, facilitation, and information in line with existing policies and procedures.
This is a fast-paced environment therefore you will need to be able to work under pressure and be extremely well organised, taking a pro-active approach to your workload. Main objectives of this role are to:
- Provide advice, updates, and direction (sometimes high level and complex) on a range of Employee Relations matters (including ill health; disciplinary; performance capability; grievance; probation)
- Assist with Organisational Change (Restructures & TUPE).
- Contribute to workforce planning, working with finance and data teams.
- Monthly review of sickness and unplanned absence management
Support the team and colleagues in other HR teams to ensure cost effective delivery and continuous improvement.
All role holders are qualified professionals, actively working towards a professional qualification or possess relevant work-based experience. We will need you to have a proven track record of delivering excellent customer service with highly developed interpersonal skills you will be confident in advising managers on policy and best practice. Experience of ER case management, employment and equalities legislation is required.
Supporting our Traded and Commercial workforce is a challenging yet rewarding role. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you!
As part of the application, you are asked to provide answers to the 4 key questions, which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge, and experience match what we are looking. If you do not supply answers and upload to your application, your application will be rejected.
Closing Date: 5th February 2023
Interview Date: 13th February 2023
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: *Bonita Risk on 01992 555783 or email@example.com
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.