It is a great time to join us at Knowsley: we have a substantial list of pipeline schemes for housing, transport and economic development, including several high-profile schemes such as the new Shakespeare North Playhouse and the nationally recognised Halsnead Garden Village.
We are also in the process of implementing three Town Centre masterplans and five further strategic development sites. In addition, we have secured over £42m of Combined Authority Single Investment Fund projects to be delivered over the next two years.
We also continue to make successful bids for funding to implement sustainable / active travel schemes promoting walking, cycling, health and wellbeing. In short – a brilliant place to thrive and grow your career.
We are looking for keen, motivated individuals to fill a variety of roles within our Highways and Capital Delivery Service. The ideal candidates will have either suitable qualifications or appropriate work-related experience in Highways and/or Civil Engineering.
The successful applicants will be based in one of our Huyton offices, working in an expanding multi-disciplinary team of officers and engineers working collaboratively, supporting each other and sharing knowledge as necessary to deliver successful schemes for the benefit of Knowsley’s local communities and the wider Liverpool City Region.
This is your opportunity to contribute to making Knowsley “the place of choice” for housing, jobs, business investment and infrastructure development. Flexible working will be required, which may on occasion, result in working from home, different offices or on site, as appropriate.
The successful applicants will enjoy the following benefits:
- Easily accessible location (15 minutes to Liverpool, 30 minutes to Manchester by rail), with staff car parking permits available;
- Working within a supportive and team orientated environment;
- Opportunities for career progression and to take on additional responsibility;
- Minimum annual leave entitlement of 22 days per year, dependant on grade, plus bank holidays. There is also an option to purchase up to a maximum of 10 extra days annual leave;
- Flexible working over a 36 hour week;
- Generous Council pension scheme;
- Access to working rewards including - childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff technology purchase scheme, discounted gym membership, and a host of other local discounts.
Further information on current major developments in Knowsley can be found at www.investknowsley.co.uk
For any informal enquiries please contact Anthony Morley on 0151 443 5030.
CLOSING DATE : WEDNESDAY, 22 FEBRUARY 2023
This job advert may close early if enough applications have been received.
How to Apply
Please apply online by clicking the link below. Please note applications cannot be considered without the completion of the form in full