The Governing Body of St John Fisher Catholic Primary School wish to appoint a
Leadership Salary Range - L4 – L8
£47,706 - £52,659 per annum
Full Time / Permanent
To commence September 2023 or as soon as possible
The Governing Body of St John Fisher Catholic Primary School invite applications from suitably qualified, outstanding, inspirational and experienced teachers with proven leadership and management skills to play a pivotal role as Deputy Headteacher to work in our high performing school. This is an exciting challenge for a practising Catholic who can show commitment to maintaining and developing our Catholic ethos. CCRS or a commitment to complete the qualification is essential.
We are looking for someone who can work with the Headteacher to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the role of Deputy Headteacher and can work in partnership with colleagues, parents, governors, external agencies, and the wider school community.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills to inspire children and colleagues.
- Outstanding classroom teaching (UKS2) and effective assessment procedures.
- Effective leadership experience and a commitment to drive improvement.
We can offer:
- A strong, caring Catholic ethos.
- An enthusiastic, supportive and forward-thinking leadership team who are committed to making a difference.
- Experienced and dedicated staff and Governors with a track record of success.
- Friendly colleagues who work exceptionally hard and are committed to providing high quality education and experiences for all children.
- Happy, well behaved, highly motivated, independent learners who are very proud of their school.
- An established partnership with parents, the parish, and the wider community.
- A firm commitment to continuous professional development for all.
St John Fisher Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK. Satisfactory references will be required (three) and are integral to the interview process. Please note that open or generic references will not be accepted as part of a safer recruitment process.
By engaging in this recruitment process, shortlisted candidates consent to an online search in line with the Keeping Children Safe in Education Guidance 2022.
Applications MUST be made on the CES application form which can be downloaded from the Catholic Education Service Website: www.cesew.org.uk. This vacancy may also be located via the school’s website: www.stjohnfisherprimary.co.uk.
Completed CES application forms should be submitted electronically to the School Business Manager/Clerk to Governing Board firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by prior arrangement. Please contact Mrs L Morris, School Business Manager/Clerk to Governing Board, to arrange a visit (dates below).
Closing date: Thursday 16 February 2023 at 12 noon
Visits to the school: Tuesday 31 January 4pm / Tuesday 7 February 4pm
Short listing: Thursday 16 February 2023
Interviews: Friday 3 March 2023