Birmingham Children’s Trust is going from strength to strength. We are the largest provider of family support and social care services for children, young people and families in the country. Our goal is to become a centre of excellence in both social care and family support. By choosing to work for us, you will be part of a supportive, dynamic service contributing to our service improvement journey to ‘Outstanding’.
We have some exciting opportunities within our Business Support Service for self-motivated Business Support Assistants providing essential support to our practice staff members. The Service is currently in a period of redesign given a changing environment, ways of working and to better support the achievement of better outcomes for children and families.
You will play an important role in the effective day to day running of the service we are looking for people who are well organised; have good attention to detail and who can work to and meet tight deadlines; you must be able to work effectively within a team environment, be customer and child focused and be able to deliver the role with a flexible approach.
The Placements Business Support Team plays a crucial role in providing support to the Placements Officers whose aim is to ensure provision of high-quality placements for Children with internal and external provision of Foster Carers, Residential Services and Supported Accommodation, where they can have every chance of a happy secure childhood, supported to reach their aspirations, and succeed in life.
The Placements Business Support Services support the Placement Officers within Children’s Services for the Trust and work closely with the Social Work, Finance and Commissioning Teams plus providers to ensure financial payments are compliant with BCT Policies and financial procedures.
You will be a ‘can-do' person, who is passionate about high quality service delivery and performance. You will be able to work effectively within a dedicated team environment, be customer focused and able to deliver the role with a flexible approach.
Key skills we will be looking for in your personal statement include:
- Good IT skills and confident in using IT
- High attention to detail
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills being able to communicate in person and/or in writing
- The ability to manage a process, ensuring accurate and timely outputs.
- To be able to manage a number of conflicting priorities, to prioritise and organise workload and decide priorities, to ensure deadlines are met.
- Demonstrate experience and understanding in working in an outcome focused environment, and working towards continuous improvement.
- To work flexibly across the team providing cover when needed to ensure continuity of service provision
- Ability to use own initiative to respond independently to difficult problems and unexpected situations
- Attention to detail with an ability to work accurately e.g. literacy and numeracy
- Ability to work on own initiative with a pro-active approach to all tasks to ensure business objectives are met
- An ability to work flexibly as part of a diverse team environment, providing cover when needed to ensure continuity of service provision, and the ability to multi-task to cover other roles within the team
- Experience of dealing with several conflicting and changing priorities effectively to achieve business objectives
Placement Business Support Officer key duties include:
- Deal with and resolve customer issues effectively and promptly
- Dealing with queries from providers or Social Workers
- Supporting with requisitioning and other associated tasks using 1B (Oracle)
- Supporting with various financial transactions using CareFirst/CarePay
- Administer financial administration processes on behalf of the Service
- Meeting Finance Deadlines
- Creating updating / maintaining records on Eclipse and CareFirst.
- Gather data and provide management information reports as required.
- Administer and support financial processes in line with financial procedures and regulations
For further details please contact Harpreet Kaur, Business Support Team Leader – firstname.lastname@example.org, 07510 370 197
What you can expect from us:
- Being part of a positive, supportive, ‘can-do’ service and wider Trust
- We are a forward thinking, innovative organisation, proactive in delivering the most optimum services for our children, young people and wider local community
- Career development opportunities
- Regular development discussions
And some of the benefits of working for us, click HERE for more about our offer
- Mental health / emotional support – 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Hybrid model of remote working
- 29 days holiday on joining, plus bank holidays. This increases to 32 days after five years’ service, and then 34 days after ten years’ service
- Generous contributory pension scheme
The campaign closes on 10th February 2023.
Interviews will be held w/c 20th February 2023
How to Apply
Please click Apply Online below to complete your application form