This is an exciting time to join Hillingdon Council. We're looking for a dedicated and professional Social Worker or Senior Social Worker to join the London Borough of Hillingdon Addictions Social Work Team.
What will a Social Worker do at Hillingdon Council?
You will be working as a qualified Social Worker/Senior Social Worker in a friendly, supportive and small dedicated team working closely with the Addiction Recovery Community Hillingdon (ARCH) service and the Mental Health Social Work Service.
Social workers have a crucial part to play in improving addiction outcomes for Hillingdon residents. You will be working in partnership with residents, families and carers, as well as other professionals, to optimise involvement and provide collaborative solutions. You will need to use all your Social Work skills, knowledge and values to engage with people in creative ways, to find out what matters to individuals and to promote their recovery and independence.
As a Social Worker/Senior Social Worker, you will be expected to have experience in completing Care Act 2014 assessments, rehab assessments and undertaking safeguarding enquiries with people who have addictions and the associated harms from being addicted to alcohol or drugs. We have close links with ARCH and the role is dually based in the Addiction Service and the Civic Centre with the Local Authority Mental Health Social Workers.
We work to support people to live in the community and working with families and local communities is central to our approach, as we know this achieves the best outcomes for people. Developing a whole-system response with our key partners is critical to providing good quality care and outcome focused solutions to delivering the right support.
We appreciate the very specific skills, knowledge and experience that Addiction Social Workers bring. There is an opportunity to work towards undertaking the training to become an Approved Mental Health Professional and working alongside the Local Authority Mental Health Social Workers can provide support with this. Within the wider service, we offer Social Workers many CPD opportunities.
We're looking for a Social Worker/Senior Social Worker who is dedicated to making a difference in people's lives. Strong Social Work values, flexibility, a 'can do' approach and professional high standards are essential, as will be the ability to robustly advocate for people's human rights.
In essence, we are looking for people who are passionate about doing the right thing.
Please see the attached Job Profile for more information about the requirements of this role.
What we offer
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses