High Learning Support Assistant (HLSA) – Level 4 Qualified
32.50 hours per week (8.30 am to 4.00 pm daily)
Term time only, plus 5 Inset Days
Salary NJC Scale Point 7 (£23,400 pro rata)
Required for immediate start
Number of pupil on Roll 213
St Mary’s is a very successful and over-subscribed, one-form entry Catholic School in the parish of Chingford, on the edge of Epping Forest. Ofsted and the Diocese of Brentwood graded the school as ‘Outstanding’
The governors seek to employ a primary trained and enthusiastic professional with excellent classroom practice to join our friendly, well-resourced learning school environment.
We are looking for a HLTA who:
- Has a commitment to promoting and enhancing the Catholic ethos of the school;
- Is an outstanding and committed practitioner with high expectations of our children and themselves;
- Will energetically enrich the curriculum for all our children;
- Is hardworking and enthusiastic with a sense of humour!
We require someone who is able to work collaboratively with teaching staff to plan, monitor and assess classes, assisting in the planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources while encouraging children to become independent life-long learners. You will be able to provide support for students and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all, by utilising advanced levels of knowledge and skill. You must also be able to supervise whole classes occasionally during the short-term absence of teachers.
We can offer:
- Children who have a positive attitude to learning;
- Supportive parents and governors who work together;
- Opportunities for further professional development.
St Mary’s is committed to safeguarding children and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS (CRB) check.
Further details and application forms may be obtained from the School Office. Visits by prior arrangement are warmly welcomed and strongly recommended and may be made by telephoning Ms Watson in the school office on 02085294723
Closing Date: Friday 4 February 2023 (12.00 noon)
Interviews WC: Thursday 9 February 2023