Birmingham Children’s Trust is going from strength to strength. This role is to support Birmingham Youth Offending Service.
Birmingham Youth Offending Service has five multi-agency area-based case management teams across the city: a city-wide alternative to custody in its Intensive Supervision and Surveillance (ISS) Team; a Court, Bail and Remand Team, a Female Gender Specific Team and a Harmful Sexual Behaviour Team.
In addition to statutory partners, the Service benefits from specialist officers, including Restorative Practice Workers, supporting victims of crime; Parenting Workers, offering individual and group work support to parents and carers; an Accommodation Officer; specialist Autism Worker; Substance Misuse Case Workers; Speech and Language Therapists (SALT) and Training and Employment Mentors.
We have some exciting opportunities within our Business Support Service for self-motivated Business Support Assistants providing essential support to our practice staff members on a citywide nature will will include reception for all sites. The Service is currently in a period of redesign given a changing environment, ways of working and to better support the achievement of better outcomes for children and families.
You will play an important role in the effective day to day running of the service we are looking for people who are well organised; have good attention to detail and who can work to and meet tight deadlines; you must be able to work effectively within a team environment, be customer and child focused and be able to deliver the role with a flexible approach.
You will be a ‘can-do' person, who is passionate about high quality service delivery and performance. You will be able to work effectively within a dedicated team environment, be customer focused and able to deliver the role with a flexible approach.
Key skills we will be looking for in your personal statement include:
- An ability to support meetings, including the provision of outputs and recording of actions, as requested by the business
- Attention to detail with an ability to work accurately e.g. literacy and numeracy
- Ability to work on own initiative with a pro-active approach to all tasks to ensure business objectives are met
- An ability to work flexibly as part of a diverse team environment, providing cover when needed to ensure continuity of service provision, and the ability to multi-task to cover other roles within the team
- Experience of dealing with several conflicting and changing priorities effectively to achieve business objectives to tight deadline.
- A willingness to continue to learn and develop according to Business need.
For further details please contact
Hayley Pemberton 07921238994
Mailing Ganning 07921239478
What you can expect from us:
- Being part of a positive, supportive, ‘can-do’ service and wider Trust
- We are a forward thinking, innovative organisation, proactive in delivering the most optimum services for our children, young people and wider local community
- Career development opportunities
- Regular development discussions
And some of the benefits of working for us, click HERE for more about our offer
- Mental health / emotional support – 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Hybrid model of remote working
- 29 days holiday on joining, plus bank holidays. This increases to 32 days after five years’ service, and then 34 days after ten years’ service
- Generous contributory pension scheme
The campaign closes on Friday 17 February 2023
Interviews will be held at Kingsmere B building w/c Monday 6 March 2023.
How to Apply
Please click Apply Online below to complete your application form