An exciting opportunity for a Local Authority employee to work in collaboration with South East Directors of Adult Social Services (ADASS)!
Find out more about ADASS here.
About The Job
Are you able to work and think strategically? Can you work in collaboration to balance priorities and deadlines? Are you a great problem solver?
We're looking for a Business and Programme Support Officer to enable and support the successful delivery of the South East ADASS regional work programme!
Salary: £28,371 to £31,099 per annum (pro rata for part time)
Working Pattern: Part-time (3 days or 22.2 hours per week)
Contract Length: Secondment for 6 months with possibility of extension
Location: County Hall, Chichester (including travel & remote working)
As a Business and Programme Support Officer, you will:
- Provide self-directed, proactive and confidential professional business and programme support.
- Be responsible for planning and managing small projects.
- Work in close partnership with the Directors of Adult Social Services regional chairs (the Directors at West Sussex County Council and Bracknell Forest Council) and the regional programme leads.
- Build and maintain positive, strong, and effective relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Document the work programme for the region
- Coordinate, plan and assist in the development and staging of a variety of events, including meetings, seminars and briefings.
All West Sussex County Council (WSCC) employees have a WSCC location as their contractual work location, however we do operate a 'Smarter working' approach, this is something that you agree locally with your manager, for what works best for you, your role and your team. More details will be shared once you start working.
Local Authority employees wishing to apply for this role will be considered for a secondment position. Please can you therefore discuss and agree this with your manager before applying for this position. This role is only open to Local Authority employees as their substantive post will need to be held whilst on secondment.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, why not join us and let's make a difference to our communities together!
Experience and Skills
A Full Job Descrption is attached at the bottom of the advert.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
How to Apply:
Please upload your CV (ensuring your CV covers any gaps in employment) and Cover Letter explaining:
- How your skills and experience directly relate to the key skills listed on the job description
- Your motivations for applying for the role
Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to line management approval, 3 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.