A great opportunity has arisen for a new strategy and policy officer to work in the Leader and Cabinet Office. The successful candidate will be required to undertake research and prepare policy briefings for the Leader and other Cabinet members. The successful candidate will have knowledge of the issues facing local government and the political landscape nationally. They will be able to support elected members and senior Council officers and will have a collaborative approach. This is a secondment opportunity, for approximately a year. This will provide an excellent development opportunity for an ambitious and creative person. We are looking for a high calibre candidate with good written and presentation skills. Some remote and flexible working will be possible but the work will largely be based at the Civic Centre in Enfield. Some attendance at evening meetings will be required.
Contact Details -
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Claire Johnson on Claire.Johnson@enfield.gov.uk for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- 1 month paid sabbatical for Children’s Social Workers
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 6 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.
We do not see your name or title when shortlisting your application. This is one of many initiatives to build a more talented and diverse workforce. However, if you put your name on your CV or Statement it will be visible to us. For this reason, we ask that you do not include your name on these documents. Please note it is your responses to the Essential/Desirable criteria that will determine if you are shortlisted for an interview, therefore we encourage you to always address the essential and desirable criteria in your application.