Permanent Contract/Full Time 37 hours per week
Closing date: 26th February 2023
Interview dates: 9th and 10th March 2023
This post is subject to a DBS check.
The Housing Service is seeking an experienced housing professional to join our busy team of tenancy housing officers working with our customers to resolve all tenancy management issues.
The Tenancy Team are responsible for the tenancy management of over 5,100 properties and the successful candidate will provide the effective delivery of tenancy services for a patch of approximately 1000 general needs and sheltered tenants. This includes signing up new tenancies, managing tenancy changes and enforcement, managing complex tenancy cases and cases of nuisance and anti-social behaviour, preparing and serving legal paperwork, representing the Council at Court, making appropriate referrals to tenancy support and sustainment and providing assistance with rent arrears and estate management when required.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a busy team of Housing Officers ensuring all tenancy management functions are undertaken to a high standard, within the required timescales and in accordance with agreed targets. We want to help our residents to sustain their tenancies and ensure that everyone recieves an excellent customer experience.
You will need to have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience in a housing related role
- Extensive experience of working in tenancy services
- The skills and knowledge plus the enthusiasm and passion for delivering excellent customer services
What We Offer:
Winchester is a wonderful place to work. Our Council offices are in the heart of the city, the ancient capital of England. We have 122,000 residents and welcome five million tourists annually who come to see our magnificent cathedral, heritage landmarks, cultural events and diverse landscape.
Our district has been going through significant changes as we look to improve the quality of life for our residents, create a thriving economy and protect the environment for future generations. Your ideas, energy and attitude will be vital in helping us to deliver an exciting future for the district whilst maintaining the spotlight on continuous service improvement.
We offer some of the best terms and conditions available in local government including:
- Essential car user allowance
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- 25 days annual leave per year (pro rata) rising to 32 days - dependent on length of service
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for continuous professional development
Please read the job description for more details on this role.
For an informal discussion regarding this post and the opportunities it offers please contact Laura Doyle, Tenancy Services Manager, on 01962 848 133.