Croydon Council holds a wealth of data across multiple systems. The ‘BI Platform’ holds key data sets from internal systems and various external data sources. The platform is Microsoft Azure hosted, using Azure Data Factory; Azure Data Lake and Azure SQL Server, with Power BI for visualisation, insight and analytics.
This is an exciting time to join the Business Intelligence team as we strive to get effective use of data at the heart of the design and delivery of excellent services. We are looking for a BI Data Engineer to build on what has been achieved so far, leading data management and the creation of corporate data models that can be used for analytical reporting and dashboards.
The post-holder will work alongside BI Developers, the Solutions Architect and BI Strategic Lead to understand data requirements, align architecture with business requirements and implement best techniques to extract, load and transform data.
You will build on the current infrastructure, creating data pipelines that are cost-effective, robust, and scalable. You will design and implement dimensional data models to be used for analytics and reporting, working with Subject Matter Experts. You will monitor data to ensure efficient performance, reliability, availability and recoverability and administer user access for the platform, working closely with Architects.
You will have a genuine interest in data and data management, keeping abreast of new technologies and ways of working.
Why Join Us
- A pension scheme with an average employer contribution of 20%
- 31 days’ annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays
- Investment into your staff well-being
- Great team ethos
- We are passionate about data and keen to advance technologies used
- The culture at Croydon is very much about working together to make positive change
- Will have the opportunity to work from home and work flexibly which provides you with more of a work-life balance.
- The suitable candidate will have the following skills, abilities and knowledge;
- Educated to a higher level (degree level or equivalent)
- Excellent experience and proficient technical skills including Azure BI Services, SQL, dimensional modelling and Master Data Management (MDM)
- Hold relevant Microsoft Azure certification
- Thorough understanding of data management and modern data warehousing principles
- Understand the concepts and principles of data modelling and can produce relevant data models.
- Establish standards, keep them up to date and ensure adherence to them. You can keep abreast of best practice in industry and across government.
- Ensure that the most appropriate actions are taken to resolve problems as they occur.
- Bring experience from across the wider Azure technology stack - including Synapse and Databricks
- Team player, happy to share knowledge and coach junior team members
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Business Intelligence Strategic Lead by email on Marcia.firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.