An excellent opportunity has arisen within the HR Business Centre for a varied role within the Pensions team.
We are currently seeking a Pensions Officer to join the HR Business Centre, with duties including:
- Providing advice to members and senior management on all matters relating to the LGPS
- Undertaking the operational management of the Council’s pension administration contract.
- Engaging with scheme employers and reconciling financial returns relating to the LGPS
- Assisting with the delivery of the Council’s communication and promotions programme relating to the LGPS
- Undertaking the Council’s administrative responsibilities under the NHS scheme including submission of the annual return
- Assisting with the maintenance of the Council’s policies in respect of Pension Provision, e.g. administering and employing authority discretionary policies.
- Experience of pensions administration and an understanding of the client/provider relationship
- Working knowledge and experience of the Local Government Pension Scheme regulations
- Practical experience in dealing with client departments, employees, pension scheme members and employers.
- Experience of communicating pension information and promoting the scheme
- Practical experience in dealing with contractors and monitoring performance
- Knowledge and experience of understanding and interpreting complex and detailed legislation
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
View more about our employment deal here.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces, and listed heritage sites.
The Bexley Pension team sits within the HR Business Centre and provides operational management of the outsourced pensions administration function as well as monitoring scheme employers contributions and providing advice to a range of stakeholders on pension matters.
For further information please contact Richard Smyth on 02030454592 or e-mail Richard.Smyth@Bexley.gov.uk
Anticipated Interview date: W/C 06/03/2023
This is a permanent position.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers or connect with London Borough of Bexley on LinkedIn
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role, then please click this link: Homepage (zellis.com) and apply by searching with this Job reference: FCS0000299 or click on the "Apply Online" link provided.
CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.