18-month fixed-term contract
It is an exciting time to join Bracknell Forest, we are looking for a Strategic Lead for SEN Statutory Services who not only has the experience, knowledge and ability to impact on outcomes, but also the empathy to understand the pressures on this service area in the current SEND landscape.
This is an exciting leadership opportunity to join a service which is transforming its shape in order to strengthen even further the support provided to over 1260 children and young people with Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans.
Co-production with children, parents, carers and schools is at the heart of our work. We are expanding our Special Needs Assessment Service and committed to investing in developing resources and creating capacity to develop a high quality team and service.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and strategic leader to join the service at a time of considerable change. Reporting into the Head of SEND and Specialist Support Services, the Strategic Lead for SEND Statutory Services will be a key member of the SEND management team to support Children and Young People and the improvements in the service. This is your chance to make a lasting impact.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
In this role you will work as part of a highly skilled team of senior managers, developing strong professional relationships with education providers, health partners, third sector, parents / carers and key stakeholders.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To fulfil and maintain a professional, responsive strategic SEND service across the Local Authority for all internal and external stakeholders and lead the aligned SEND teams providing support to them.
- To develop and lead the councils SEND strategy in line with the council plan, partnering with the wider agencies, government bodies, senior leaders, key stakeholders and partners.
- To manage delegated High Needs Block budget areas, negotiating and managing external frameworks, partners and suppliers as directed by the Head of SEND and Specialist Support Services in line with agreed contract terms and framework agreements in order to deliver the councils strategic ambitions and value for money priority.
- To ensure that all statutory and mandatory services are strategically planned, aligned and available to all stakeholders as detailed in the Statutory SEND Code of Practice: 0-25 2014 and Education Act 1996 and as directed by the Head of SEND and Specialist Support Services.
- To be a proactive and accountable member of the SEND and Specialist Support Services management team ensuring business continuity is maintained across SEND services and to represent or deputise for the Head of Service, if or when required.
The benefits you will experience are…
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Hybrid working and a flexi-time scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
An innovative, creative and progressive professional to lead the SEND Statutory Services team in Bracknell Forest Council. To coordinate and contribute to the work of partners , collaboratively working with parents, social care, health colleagues and wider inclusion services to ensure that outcomes for children and young people with SEND are promoted and supported in all settings. An ability to work closely with leaders from early years, mainstream and special school settings and the ability to form positive and constructive relationships will be key for the successful candidate.
Interviews will be held on 23 February 2023.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact
Cheryl Eyre, Assistant Director Education and Learning
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.