We have the opportunity for an Apprentice Business Support Administrator to join the Youth Offending Team. We offer an 18 month fixed term contract, during which we will work in partnership with a training provider to help you achieve a level 3 Apprenticeship.
The Youth Offending Team is a statutory service who work with young people aged between 10-18 years to prevent offending and reoffending. YOT Staff are enthusiastic and we are a successful multi-agency team.
About the role of the Apprentice Business Support Administrator
Although we welcome all applicants, we encourage applicants from disadvantaged backgrounds such as:
- Children in care (care leavers/Children in care)
- Young people classified as NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training)
- Young people with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability)
- Young people with physical disabilities
- Young people with mental health issues
- Young people from BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) backgrounds
- Young people who are identified as being at risk (e.g. supported by our Children & Family Services teams due to being a young carer, family drug or alcohol abuse)
- Youth people who have received support from the YOT
Young people refers to those under the age of 25.
You will be the first point of contact for visitors arriving in the office and answering the telephone. You will need good communication and organisational skills but most importantly is a willingness to play a part in a busy team. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the work of Children and Family Services.
Please view the job description for further information.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days per annum rising to a maximum of 32 days.
This is a fixed term contract for 18 months - Apprenticeship
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Tina Gregory, Business Support Officer or Stacey Clay, Acting Service Manager on 01635 553600