The starting salary for this role is £41,127 per annum (pro rata for part-time roles), working 36 hours, 21.6 hours or 18 hours per week, supplemented with an annual allowance of £1,500 (pro rata for part-time roles).
Are you an approved mental health professional (AMHP) looking for a rewarding career with an organisation that cares about your wellbeing and professional development?
If yes! Then this is your opportunity to join our dynamic teams!
We offer both part-time and full-time roles in frontline and community teams. The roles are based in Reigate, Tandridge, Woking, Runnymede, Waverley and Guildford (one vacancy per team).
As a qualified Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP), you will be responsible for undertaking statutory duties as laid out in the Mental Health Act, the Care Act and as part of the Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) service at Surrey County Council.
AMHPs in frontline teams undertake pure AMHP assessments while those in the community teams support the frontline team’s rota as well as assist individuals, carers and families to develop support plans to meet the outcomes identified, using a strength-based approach and family/friends/community options where appropriate and eligible needs are identified. You will actively promote wellbeing and independence, to enable individuals and carers to retain or regain their skills and confidence and prevent or delay deterioration. You will engage effectively with families to facilitate contingency planning to anticipate complexity and changing circumstances. You will assist with the duty/intake function of the team as required.
You will be supported to contribute to the professional development of staff and students through supervision and training.
To be shortlisted for an interview your application will clearly evidence:
- Ability to maintain personal Approved Mental Health Professional status (Warranted)
- Professional Qualification in Social Work
- Post qualifying experience that should include direct work with those who have mental health needs
- A current full driving licence and have use of a vehicle
- A working knowledge of legislation, assessments, preparation of care plans, monitoring and reviewing outcomes
- Commitment to your own professional development, including maintaining up-to-date knowledge of mental health issues
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
We can offer you:
- Continuous Local Government (LG) service if in LG, subject to meeting eligibility criteria
- Clear professional leadership and great opportunities to develop your career
- Innovative technology to make day to day tasks more manageable: laptop and mobile phones are provided. Front line staff will get touch screen hybrid devices with detachable keyboards to allow you to work in an agile way and minimise unnecessary travel
- Work/life balance: flexible working is supported where possible (following probationary period), including working from home or hot desking at a number of County Council sites
- 26 days annual leave (28 after 2 years’ service) plus 8 bank holidays
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000, subject to meeting eligibility criteria
- Refer a friend scheme: earn up to £1000
- A generous local government salary-related pension.
- 24/7 employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Option to join our car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.Additional Information
Please note that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Apply and select your preferred location and we will be in touch with you to discuss these opportunities further.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.