Full-time - Permanent - Required for September 2023
At The Hill Primary School children's wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do.
Our vision is to ensure children are supported to learn, develop and face new challenges with enthusiasm and resilience. We foster academic, social, physical and moral development in an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity.
Our work is underpinned by our school values of: kindness, respect, curiosity and honesty. These key character traits are encapsulated in our school motto, ‘Growing Good People’. We are very proud of our successful school which enjoys an excellent reputation within our local community and an Ofsted judgement of ‘Good’.
The Governors are looking to appoint an individual who:
• is an experienced, dynamic and inspirational leader with a clear vision and high expectations and who leads by example,
• is passionate about children’s learning and keen to see all children inspired to succeed,
• is outward looking and able to promote an innovative and a progressive approach to learning and teaching,
• is a strategic thinker, who enjoys shaping and delivering a broad, balanced, innovative and creative curriculum to meet the needs of our children,
• has a deep understanding of how to support children with a range of different needs and is truly committed to the principles of inclusive education,
• is a team player, with excellent interpersonal skills, who ensures everyone is included and supported, and
• is outstanding at motivating and managing staff and creating links with the local community.
In return, we offer a school which:
• has an excellent atmosphere, where all are welcomed and has strong and supportive relationship with families,
• is committed to continuous improvement at every level to enable all children to learn and achieve well,
• has a very robust approach to safeguarding,
• is well-staffed by a capable, dedicated and committed team
• has excellent facilities and extensive grounds, and
• has a committed and supportive Governing Board.
Visits to our school are positively encouraged and warmly welcomed and are available by appointment. For further details, an informal conversation about the role or to arrange a school visit, please contact Lucy Carson at email@example.com or call 0118 937 5560.
Please refer to our applicant information pack which is on the school’s website - https://www.thehillprimary.org.uk
Application forms must be returned to Mrs Ruth Lyes (School Business Manager) at Bursar@hill.reading.sch.uk
The two-day interview process will involve a series of panel interviews, leadership tasks and presentations. There will also be an opportunity for shortlisted candidates to meet staff and children during the interview days.
The Hill Primary School is fully committed to safer recruitment practice. Pre-employment checks will always be undertaken and requested before the appointment is confirmed.
All prospective employees are subjected to enhanced DBS disclosure. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: 9 am on Friday 10th February 2023
Shortlisting: Monday 20th Feb 2023
Candidates to be informed by phone on Tuesday 21st Feb 2023
Interview dates: Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th February 2023