Job Title: Business Support Officer
Location: County Hall, Hertford
Starting Salary: £30,151 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £32,909 (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: * 37 hours per week
Contract: * Permanent
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Do you want to lead the management and delivery of business improvement projects, changes, and initiatives? If you are a confident and effective communicator with experience in challenging existing practices, identifying areas for improvement, supporting change and using Microsoft products, then we would love to hear from you.
The role predominately supports the Property Management Team, but you will also support and challenge teams across the department and our suppliers to deliver consistent, efficient, and effective services.
The type of projects you will get involved with will include:
Supporting staff with transformational projects, such as the introduction and implementation of new corporate and Property initiatives and software.
Leading on internal communications with both staff and customers, ensuring colleagues are kept up to date with the latest business information.
We are looking for the successful candidate to:
- Be an excellent communicator with sound practical experience in challenging existing practices, identify areas for improvement, supporting change and feel comfortable at doing so with senior managers and staff.
- Manage a diverse workload, with multiple deadlines.
- Be confident with Microsoft Office 365 suite including Planner and Lists.
- Understand the organisation’s political environment.
- Be able to demonstrate development through a series of progressively more demanding roles.
- Be able to work independently.
- Organise their own work, plan ahead, take account of priorities and their impact on other people.
This is an autonomous role which encourages the applicant to approach service enhancement in an enthusiastic and creative way and really make a difference to the advancement of the department.