We are currently seeking a Team Leader to join the HR Business Centre.This is a permanent position.
The successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Lead the HR Officers within the Business Centre to undertake relevant tasks to set timescales.
- Ensure through the team that accurate data is maintained for all areas of HR, regardless of where this data is recorded.
- Develop manage and implement appropriate processes, procedures and policies.
- Direct and control the production of all statutory payroll returns.
- Follow all agreed HR processes to ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Ensure that all instructions are processed in a timely and accurate manner by the team to ensure that accurate payments are made
- Provide advice, support, guidance and interpretation to customers and colleagues on all HR processes, procedures, and policies.
- Previous experience of working within an HR/Payroll department
- Relevant qualification (such as IPP Diploma in Payroll Management or studying towards)
- Proven ability to work within a team environment
- Extensive Payroll Experience (experience within the public sector would be desirable)
- Experience in a supervisory role or the ability to step up as an effective Team Leader.
- Working knowledge of an HR system together with an excellent understanding of the inter-relationship of data in all modules of an integrated HR system (Knowledge of ResourceLink would be desirable).
- Excellent understanding of customer service requirements and ability to deal calmly and professionally with any difficult or sensitive situations
- Ability to prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met by the team
- Knowledge and understanding of the statutory requirements relating to the handling of personal data.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to continue studying towards HR/Payroll Qualification and/or leadership qualifications
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices alongside the opportunity to work remotely
- Excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
The HR Business Centre covers all matters relating to employee pay. In addition to paying the Council employees and Community Schools, we also cover the HR and Payroll functions for several academies.
We are a highly experienced and capable team who have all worked with councils for a long time. This means that each member of the team is well versed in the intricacies of Education Acts/law and how this must run alongside Employment Law to ensure that the Council and Schools act within the bounds of procedures which surround them.
We pride ourselves on our friendly and professional service delivery and look forward to welcoming you into our team. For further information please contact Robert Campbell on 020 3045 4965 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.