This is an exciting opportunity to join the Legal and Democratic Services team at Ipswich Borough Council as Senior Information Governance Officer. You will work at the heart of the council alongside the Operations Manager and Data Protection Officer to act as the lead officer for information governance for the council, managing and leading on relevant initiatives, policies and practices in information governance.
You will be responsible for:
- providing specialised guidance and advice on relevant information governance areas including Data Protection and Freedom of Information
- leading the development and delivery of training and awareness in these areas to services across the council
- developing appropriate policies
- championing robust information governance practices
- investigating, recording and where applicable notifying the ICO on data incidents
- supervising the Information Governance Officer and such other duties as may be required from time to time in line with the post.
- be educated to degree level in a relevant subject and it is desirable but not essential that you have relevant qualifications in Information Governance
- have knowledge of the legislative requirements and how to apply them, as well as practical experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures which is essential
- have experience of working at a senior level and of leading and managing staff, writing organisation – wide policies and of writing and presenting reports
- have excellent communication skills, be able to lead and develop staff, work collaboratively and demonstrate a responsive approach that improves service delivery.
The council offers a hybrid office-home working policy as well as flexible working arrangements, together with offering a generous annual leave entitlement, and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
To find out more:
For more information about this role please contact Clare Dawson - Dulieu on: 01473 432330 or via email at: email@example.com
Interview date: w/c 20 February 2023.
The selection process will be an interview and will be held remotely.
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to interview candidates who meet the essential criteria prior to the closing date and / or to close the opportunity to applicants once we receive sufficient applications.